Create Mail Templates
Mail Templates can be created by clicking on „Mail Templates“ in the sidebar of an event.
A mail template is always associated with one content type.
Within the mail body you can use placeholders for item fields from the associated content type or event (e.g. %%item.SelfServiceLink%% %%event.title%%).
While Events66 is supporting plain text and html emails as well, we are not offering a html mail editor.
For creating html mail templates, we suggest the free services from https://mjml.io/. You can create beautiful html templates there and copy the generated HTML or the MJML code to the mailbody field. If you copy MJML please keep in mind that the starting tag <mjml> and the closing tag </mjml> have to the first and the last tag.
Please keep in mind, that this email templates have to be syntactically correct. The mjml editor indicates this with a „x“ in a red cross. The preview of Events66 CMS shows also this errors.
Send a Mail
You can send Mails to any item which has a filled out mail field.
You have multiple options to access the mail menu:
Mail to a single item:
- Open the edit form of the item
- Click „Send Mail“
Mail to multiple items:
- Open a table view of any content type
- Select the items you wish to send a mail to
- Click „send Mail“
Create a new custom Mail
- Click on „Mailings“ in the sidebar
- Click on „Add“ at the top
- Choose an content type
Afterwards all steps are the same:
- Select a previous defined template or fill out the subject and body
- If you want want to write HTML in the body don’t forget to check the „Interpret body as HTML?“ option
- Click „Next“
- Choose which email field you want to use
- The list shows all items from the content type
- Single item: Your item will be preselected
- Multiple items: All chosen items will be preselected
- New custom mail: no item will be preselected
- if the mail field you provided isn’t filled out in one item, it will be displayed with an orange background. Selected items with and orange background will not receive mails even if you check them.
- Click „Next“
- You will now see a list with all of your chosen items and the mail address(es) and you will get an example how your mail will look like for the first item in the list.
- Click „Send mail“ and your mails will be send
- After that you can see and clone your mail by clicking „Mailings“ in the sidebar.
- The mail will be sent by using the default mailer settings or your configured mailer set up in „Mailer Settings“
- If you prefer to use another mail delivery service, export the items of your type as csv (it includes all fields and the self service link) and use it in your preferred mail delivery service.