Within this walkthrough, you will learn to setup a call for presentations workflow for your event based on our self creation forms. The same process can be used for any kind of data that you want to collect from users that have not been added by you to Events66 CMS, e.g. Call for Papers, Call for Exhibitors, Ticketing, …
- Create a content type „Call for Presentations“ with all required fields
- Create internal views for daily work and status overviews
- Setup appearance
- Create email templates and status triggers for the all situations you would like to handle within Events66 CMS
Pre-requisite: You have created an event in Events66 and have administrative rights
1. Create a content type „Call for Presentations“ with all required fields
Please follow the following steps
- Create a new custom content type and give it a name
- Enable self service and self creation. This will allows externals to create entries for this content type
Enter a self creation intro text. This text is displayed above the form. You can also add a thank you text
Hint: The link to your self creation forms can be found under the Self creation success text section on this form.
- Add the custom fields you want to have filled out in your call for presentations. See the following screenshot as inspiration. Keep in mind that self service permissions have to set to „Read and write“
Please add a custom field of type „Status“ and add „In Review“, „Accepted“ & „Declined“ as values. We will use this field later for sending out email.
Reorder the fields to match your requirements.
Please add two entries to your content for the next steps
Create internal views for daily work and status overviews
Based on your naming of the content type, a table view will be created by default for you.
Update the current view and the field you would like to have in your view.
After saving, your table view may look like:
You can also add a kanban view, by clicking on the view selection on the top of your view:
The next step is to setup the appearance of your event external views. Please open the „Appearance“ item in the event settings and adjust the settings to fit to your event’s ci.
Now your already ready and you can provide the link to your self service form. (For getting link, see hint above)
Create email templates and status triggers for the all situations you would like to handle within Events66 CMS
Based on our email templating systems you can add email templates and let them be sent based on the document creation or status changes triggers.
- Create a new mail template for your type
- Select one of our templates or create your own text / html / mjml mail template
- Activate „Send email on status“
- Setup the status changes and conditions to match your requirements
By setting your mail template as above. This template will be send to each author of a new call for papers.
Repeat this steps for any acceptance and declination status changes. As soon as you change the status of the items in the call for presentation the given mail template will be sent to the recipient(s).
Congratulations! That’s it! You have setup a complete call for presentation process.